A Place to Inspire and Be Inspired

Monday, September 8, 2014

Photos...

As a pastry chef now business owner my range of talents has certainly grown! In 1999 starting culinary school I believed I needed to know how to bake and decorate, create a menu and a prep list, maybe even order supplies.  Today I know how nieve I was! Management, hr, accountant, graphic designer, maintenance, interior design just to name a few of my new hats...  I love what I do however photography has been a disaster and a much needed skill to showcase our cake skills at Sugar and Frosting! We've been blessed with professional photographers along the way however on a randomn Tuesday when were not blessed with the luxury of a professional photographer and need to photograph a cake where do we turn? I'll tell you it hasn't been pretty! 
That all changes today as the management at Sugar and Frosting begin cake photography classes online.  Below is a sample of the before and after! We hope this helps you see the beauty of the cakes your ordering : )
Before: This lovely cake was photographed at the venue with bad lighting and awful backgrounds. 
After: we've learned to blur backgrounds and correct lighting! Just think what we can do with an improved original image! 

No comments:

Post a Comment